Wednesday, May 5, 2010

When good luck comes, it comes in waves......

This week has included alot of things.....

Taking a stand against my apartment complex - after 4 years and 2 ex-roommates they have started to jerk me around on my rent - promising a renegotiation of my lease due to me paying WAY too fucking much for the current state of the market in Vegas..... 3 weeks have passed and they still have yet to sit a number in front of me of what i can be looking to when my current lease expires.... But I am saying to hell with it, going rogue and going apartment hunting..... Found a nice little spot in SW Vegas still for 250 less a month than I am currently paying.... and if i sign a 1 year lease he will drop it another 25 a month..... so for moving less than 2.5 miles I say 275 a month...... that makes sense......

I had a job interview this week..... A REAL JOB is on the horizon...... I have a second audition next Tuesday for a race and sports writer position at Paris...... Ya, Paris isn't a crown jewel of the strip - but its a solid property and Harrah's likes to promote from within, so BONUS...... Hopefully will be able to work myself up to vault drawer in a few months.... it wont be amazing money.... but it will pay the bills, and allow me to buy myself a beer or 12 over the month.....

I have also found a cat that I am not ninja allergic too.... I still have issues with my nose and eyes.... but it will hopefully work itself out with prolonged exposure...... and its nice to have someone who will come and love on me at random.....

But anyway that's the current state of the union in my head....

Hope everyone else is having a good week :)

3 comments:

  1. Didn't I say that things eventually change for good people?

    Glad you had a good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo.. things are looking up! I want pictures of the kitty! *begs* please..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news on the apt. front. Good news and hope in the job area. ...And a cat that will come love you at random? Well you do know it's all on THEIR terms right? It's a cat, not a dog. :D

    Dog diary vs. cat diary
    http://karmasotra.blogspot.com/2009/08/friday-joke-dogs-and-cats.html

    ReplyDelete