Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The more things change - the more they continue to suck....

I walked into work at 8:35 this morning and was taken into my department directors office and was told I was being let go...... So after a month of thinking that things were turning around finally...... that bills were gonna get paid off, credit rebuilt.... for the first time in a year I was looking to the sky seeing a silver lining for a change..... should have known it was all a farce and soon enough I would be back where I was..... So here I sit..... 31 years old, and I honestly have no idea what I am going to do........

There are days that it just isn't worth breathing..... and I have those days more often than not it seems........ I don't know why I bother caring....

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, that sucks... But I know what you're gonna do! You'll get up tomorrow morning, keep your chin up, go back to job searching and have faith. Talk to your social network, be open to opportunities, crash some doors if you must. (just throwing ideas here)

    ReplyDelete
  2. honestly flower.... i am just more confused with the lack of knowing why i was let go..... if i knew that i could analyze it - and move forward - i am just sitting here in the dark trying to figure out what the hell i did wrong....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, it's a total lack of respect to not let your employees know why they've been let go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flawed,

    It is odd and unprofessional for the employer not to have said "why" they were letting you go. But many managers hold the title but the skill. I suggest calling the manager/director and politely asking them to tell you why you were let go. Tell them you need to know in case it is something you can correct so that you can overcome it and it won't be an issue for you in future employment. (Something like that, in your own words). But be calm, professional and polite. The tone should not but the manager on defense. Also, this manager seems cowardly so he/she may be willing to be more forthcoming with you not sitting across from them face-to-face.

    Good luck to you! Stay strong.

    -H

    ReplyDelete